Thursday, March 22, 2007

The Replacement Spring of 1995

I've toyed around with the idea for a while, and I'm looking a little more deeply into it: I'd like to write a book (or something) on the ill-fated Spring Training of 1995, including a "What If?" section. However, it's hard to find authentic resources from the era. Right now, I'm trying to track down either a copy of Benson's Baseball Monthly from April 1995 or of Stats Inc.'s Replacement Player Handbook from that year. I've called both companies and both recycled all remaining copies a few years ago. I'd also love it if the old Sportsserver.com archives were still up. (They had the old AP game stories and box scores for the games themselves!) I checked the Internet archive, but no dice. No one at their parent company is returning my phone calls.

Anybody got any leads on how I might get my hands on these (or anything like them)?

No comments: